Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Taste of Chicago 2007


The week is finally here. They already started setting up this past Sunday for the beginning of the fest on Thursday. I'm scoping out which restaurants sounds most promising, planning my itinerary for Saturday to make the best of the day.

I will fore go the daily special. A steak sandwich even with blue cheese isn't special enough for me. Instead I will go for a smattering of taste portions that include food I don't usually get to sample. That means a stop at the ethnic restaurant booths like Arya Bhavan, booth #58 for Samosa and Pars Cove--booth #2 for Hummas Shirazi. I might give Blu 47's wings a try even though my experience at the restaurant was less than stellar.

No hot dogs, no pizza, no hamburgers, no turkey wings, no corn on the cob for me. I will be tempted by anything shrimp or middle eastern. Zam Zam's falafel sandwich and Star of Siam's tempura shrimp and vegetables are on my list. Deleece's grilled chicken sandwich and chicken Caesar salad is calling me. I may give into the temptation. And to top it all off I will stop by the Buckingham Fountain for two scoops of Merlot ice cream. Yum.

The taste makes me think of Pablo. Although it will be fun going with Beverly, I will miss him.

The Taste coincides with the Fourth of July, the middle of summer. I will not attend Chicago's concert and fireworks show on the 3rd of July. I did it once and that was enough. There had to be at least 750,000 people there. That's a lot of people! Too many people for me. If I do watch the fireworks, it will be much more private. Boy, that just brought up another memory. Oh, well. Here's to new ones.

No comments: